Our fence posts are made with treated ground contact, so they can be in contact with the ground without rotting quickly.
Below, we’ll outline some steps for installing fence posts.
1. Dig a hole into the ground about 2 feet deep.
2. Insert the fence post, then dump in one bag of concrete (we recommend Sakrete brand).
3. Fill the hole with dirt and firmly pack it to keep the post set.
4. Repeat steps 1 through 3 for all of your fence posts.
5. Once you have all of your posts in the ground, run a crossmember from post to post. This is usually a 1x4 or 2x4, depending on the height you plan on making the fence.
6. Insert screws and/or nails to attach the crossmember to the fence posts. We advise starting your hardware on the crossmember side. That way, it will be hidden on the picket side.